Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Prayer

Today, I shake of the dust. I shake the dust by agitating the chains that held me back for so long. I finally decide to disturb my own existence. Setting off to exaltation. Deciding today that its the last day of falling under the expectations. Not showing my true potential. Today I have decided to see what I can accomplish, what I can achieve, to see how far I can carry through the trials that you, or myself has set before me. All I ask of you, is to stand with me. Guide me through, show me your way around, your way through. Do you plow? Do you delude? Show me today what I can do to annihilate these chains. I leave them where they lie for the rest of my mortal life. Teach me what I must do to be like you. I know I have cheated my way through life. Only to get where I am now. I know now that it has only led me straight to you. I know I can trust and depend on you.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment